Friday, August 5, 2011

Forever, by Maggie Stiefvater (2011)

* Plot spoiler if you haven't read Shiver or Linger.

I can be so, so quiet.

Sam Roth has been cured.  He doesn't change into a wolf anymore, but the love of his life, Grace Brisbane, is lost to the woods.  Grace has been a wolf for two months and Sam is lost without her.  Former rock star Cole St. Clair lives with Sam and he wants to study the wolves more. 

"I'm only going to say this once, so you better believe me the first time.  I'm looking for a cure."

Isabel's father, Thomas Culpepper, wants revenge for the death of his son, Jack.  His influence and power in Minnesota is evident.

"My father is meeting with a congressman about getting the wolves taken off the protected list.  Think helicopers and sharpshooters."

The wolf pack in Mercy Falls is about 20 - 30 wolves and in two weeks aerial shooters will hunt and kill every single wolf.

Grace's dad is sure that Sam killed Grace.  And the police want some answers after Olivia's mutilated dead body appears on the Culpepper's property.

Grace, Cole and Sam need to move the pack to safety.  But how?  Beck holds the answers to this question and more.  But Beck is now a wolf and he can't shift anymore.  Sam needs to find Beck for answers, and he needs Cole's help.

Beck had decided to take me.  Long before my parents decided they didn't want me, he had planned to take me...I didn't understand how someone could be both God and the devil.  How the same person could destroy you and save you.

The last person Sam could ever expect for help comes up with a solution.  A location to move the wolves to avoid the aerial hunt.  But Sam and Cole have to make the most difficult decision of their lives.

If you like romantic stories that include humans and wolves, this is a good series for you.  This is the last one in the series, and I only wish I knew what happened with Cole and Isabel.

Rating:  6 out of 10 stars
* Some sexual references, language

To check this book out at NOLS, click HERE!