Sunday, May 1, 2011

where she went, by Gayle Forman (2011)


Every morning I wake up and tell myself this:  'It's just one day, one twenty-four-hour period to get yourself through.'

Told from Adam Wilde's viewpoint, the second book to if i stay is richer and deeper the first one.  You can't help but to love the characters.  Three years after the accident, Adam is the singer and lead guitarist for his band, Shooting Star.  They are hugely successful, wealthy, famous.  But Adam is anything but happy.  He suffers from extreme anxiety.  He has to take pills just to make it through the day, and he chain smokes to calm his nerves.  And he misses Mia.  Every.  Single.  Day.

And he's haunted by the promise he made to Mia while she was in the hospital.

If you stay, I'll do whatever you want.  I'll quit the band, go with you to New York.  But if you need me to go away, I'll do that, too.  Maybe coming back to your old life would be just too painful, maybe it'd be easier for you to erase us.  And that would suck, but I'd do it.  I can lose you like that if I don't lose you today.  I'll let you go.  If you stay.

Adam is by himself in New York City.  He finds himself in front of Carnegie Hall staring at a poster that says YOUNG CONCERT SERIES PRESENTS MIA HALL.  Mia and Adam finally meet after a silent three years apart. 

Gayle Forman continues the beautiful and touching story of Adam and Mia in a unique and unforgettable way.  Experience heart-break and forgiveness in this hard-to-put down novel. 

To check this book out at NOLS, click HERE!

Rating:  10 out of 10 stars
*Inappropriate language and sexual references